Pictured: 2016 Leadership New River Valley Class
Now accepting applications for 2017: View application here
Now accepting applications: Legacy Application
2017 projected syllabus View Here
MISSION of Leadership New River Valley
Identify and develop current and future leaders through a comprehensive program designed to increase knowledge and awareness of the issues and challenges facing this community.
VISION of Leadership New River Valley
Be a highly valued and respected program recognized for the quality and diversity of its members, who remain committed to improving our region through ongoing education, awareness, and involvement.
BENEFITS FOR PARTICIPANTS
- Ability to participate in an informative, eye-opening, thought-provoking program
- Provides volunteer opportunities
- Personal/professional growth through exposure to community’s issues/leaders
- Establish long-standing personal, professional, and business relationships with class members and alumni
BENEFITS FOR EMPLOYERS
- Exposes your company/organization to the Chamber and community
- Gain access to key community, government and business leaders
- Exposure to community issues that impact your organization
- Networking and business development opportunities
How We Do It
Participants meet once a month on the third Thursday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm (see schedule) by means of workshops, presentations from community leaders, and group exercises to develop their understanding of leadership roles and prevailing issues with the community. This dynamic format stimulates vigorous and animated discussions, preparing us to meet the future challenges while developing personal leadership skills.
Facilitated by the Montgomery County Chamber of Commerce, Leadership New River Valley accepts 12-24 individuals from throughout the county with diverse backgrounds to participate in the program annually.
Leadership New River Valley brings together individuals from diverse backgrounds and various levels of experience to give each participant the unique opportunity to become more aware of the dynamics of today’s social and economic changes and their ultimate impact on this community. Participants have two things in common: dedication to their community and the belief that the quality of our leadership will determine the future of Montgomery County and the surrounding New River Valley. Through this comprehensive program designed to increase knowledge and awareness of issues and challenges facing our community, you can prepare yourself to be a stronger leader.
Are you an LNRV Alum? Call Sharon Scott at 540.382.3020 to learn more about being part of the LNRV Almuni Association.